THE BOYKIN PLAN FOR THE CLERK'S OF THE CIRCUIT COURT's OFFICE
Richard Boykin’s vision for the Circuit Court Clerk’s Office is guided by three principles: Access to Justice, Integrity, and Transparency.
The Circuit Court Clerk’s Office is the front door of our justice system. Richard Boykin will ensure that door is open and welcoming.
As Clerk, Richard Boykin will bring:
- Upon taking office as Cook County’s next Circuit Court Clerk, Richard will set a goal of making the office 100 per cent accountable for all operations, services and hiring practices.
- He will work to bring the Clerk of the Courts into immediate compliance with the federal Shakman decree. As an Independent Democrat, Richard will also ensure that the Clerk’s office is a patronage-free zone, and that the machine politics of “pay to play” cronyism will have no place in the Office of the Circuit Court Clerk of Cook County.
- Enhance the Clerk’s website with a more user-friendly interface to make electronic docket searches easier and more intuitive.
- Create a pathway to access Circuit Court records through digital application technologies (smartphones).
- Work with Chief Judge Timothy Evans to put the Cook County Circuit Court on the path to becoming a completely paperless system by 2030.
- Work with the Chief Judge to make the state-mandated e-filing system more affordable and accessible.
- Increase the capacity of the Clerk’s Expungement Summit to provide direct service to more people and widen the educational campaign around expungement options now available as a result of the legalization of recreational marijuana use.
- Increase partnerships with legal services organizations to provide courthouse assistance to pro se litigants.