The Boykin Plan for the Circuit Court Clerk’s Office
Richard Boykin’s vision for the Circuit Court Clerk’s Office is guided by two principles: Access to Justice and Integrity.
The Circuit Court Clerk’s Office is the front door of our justice system. Richard Boykin will ensure that door is open and welcoming.
As Clerk, Richard Boykin will:
- Enhance the Clerk’s website with a more user-friendly interface to make electronic docket searches easier and more intuitive.
- Create a pathway to access Circuit Court records through digital application technologies (smartphones).
- Work with Chief Judge Timothy Evans to put the Cook County Circuit Court on the path to becoming a completely paperless system by 2030.
- Work with the Chief Judge to make the state-mandated e-filing system more affordable and accessible.
- Increase the capacity of the Clerk’s Expungement Summit to provide direct service to more people and widen the educational campaign around expungement options now available as a result of the legalization of recreational marijuana use.
- Increase partnerships with legal services organizations to provide courthouse assistance to pro se litigants.